Friday is Fried Pickle Day.....yum yum yum.....This recipe calls for beer, so I hope you are over 21. :)
Dill Pickle Chips
3/4 to 1 cup of beer
1 -2 cups of flour
Cholesterol free oil
1. Pour oil in a large skillet until the oil is about 1-2 inches up the side of the pan. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
2. Strain pickles in a small colander.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the yolks and 3/4 cup of the beer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Whisk in enough flour to form a batter. If the batter is too thick add the remaining beer to thin the batter.
4. Dip pickles one at a time using tongs into the batter and then place in the heated oil.
5. Fry pickles for about 2 minutes flipping the pickle after about 1 minute.
6. Place pickles on a plate lined with paper towel and then season with salt. Serve with Ranch Dressing.
see more pictures: http://elizabethsedibleexperience.blogspot.com/2009/03/in-pickle.html