Yes, it's fried pickles! They're easy to make and surprisingly delicious! Feel free to add a dipping sauce of your choice, maybe 1000 Island dressing or horseradish if like a little kick. Personally I think they're great as there are, accompanied by a frosty mug of cold beer of course.
1 cup flour
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1/8 cup beer
20 to 30 dill pickle slices
1. Combine flour, corn meal, and barbecue seasoning in a medium bowl.
2. Make slurry of mustard and beer in a separate bowl.
3. Dip the pickle slices in the mustard mixture, followed by the flour-cornmeal mix.
4. Fry at 325 degrees in peanut or canola oil until the batter is browned and pickles float to the top.
- See more at: http://www.wasabibratwurst.com/fried-pickles/