I love beef stroganoff and I love pickles….so this one is a FAV!! This quick beef stroganoff recipe is creamy, light and cooks in the time it takes to do the rice. It is so good you'll be making this all the time!
1 lb. of beef, sliced into 1/4 inch thickness (use a prime cut of beef if possible)
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp sugar
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
a few cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on their size
3 pickles, finely sliced
1 onion, finely sliced
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup of parsley, finely chopped (include the stems)
2 to 3 tbsps. brandy (I used Serbian plum brandy)
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 sprigs green onion, chopped (optional, it’s mostly for color)
rice or egg noodles, enough for two people
1. In a bowl, season beef with sea salt, pepper, paprika and sugar. Coat the beef well with the seasoning.
2. Heat a large pan on medium.
3. Add 2 tbsp oil, onions, garlic, pickles, parsley and mushrooms. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Sautee for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
4. Temporarily transfer contents of pan onto a plate or bowl.
5. Increase burner heat to high. In the same pan, add oil, then beef. Sear the beef for a couple minutes on each side. Try not to over cook the beef.
6. Add in brandy and return the vegetables into the pan.
7. Turn off heat but do not remove pan from burner.
8. Add in yogurt, milk and green onions. Mix well.
9. Serve with rice or egg noodles.
thanks to: http://chowcipes.wordpress.com/category/recipes/